Wednesday, April 4, 2012

10-4 (April)





Abby at Akers of Love is hosting her monthly 10-4 blog link-up.  It's pretty simple ~ ten questions on the 4th day of each month.

Head on over to Akers of Love to read the other participants' 10-4 posts.


1. What is your favorite vacation spot?

So many!  The cabins in Karuizawa hold many memories.   The beach is becoming a favorite since I met Jim.  The Smokies will always be near the top, though.  The common thread is a comfy cabin (or condo) with a pleasing view, people I enjoy, some good books, and intermittent forays into God's beautiful creation right outside the door.


2. What is the first record, cassette or cd you remember buying or receiving as a gift?
It was a cassette ~ of the panpipes

 
3. What is your favorite picture from last month {March}? 

Fog out my backdoor


4. Last month, I asked you what your favorite piece of furniture was.  What is your least favorite piece of furniture in your home?

the stereo stand ~ It's like the rolling cart my elementary school teachers used with the filmstrip projector on top.


5. What was your first job?

milking cows for my dad; non-family first job was junior staff at the local Bible camp (drying dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, and cleaning restrooms)


6. What is the last thing you purchased on-line?

a book (no surprises there!)


7. Does your family have any nicknames for you?

nope


8. What is the newest blog that you have discovered that you love?
Rescued Remnant  ~ I can't wait to get her book!   


9.  What is your favorite post that you wrote last month?  


10. What is one thing that most of your readers don't know about you?

Although I'm a morning person, I sleep in most days now.  



Thanks, Abby, for hosting!  Remember to head on over to Akers of Love to read the other participants' 10-4 posts.

 

3 comments:

abby said...

Thanks for joining my party! It's so fun getting to know other bloggers!

Carrie said...

It's hard to identify a favorite vacation spot. Most of my favorite vacation memories aren't because of a spot, but because I spent time with my family. :-)

I have to say though that visiting the Alamo for the first time this past summer was amazing!! Something I've dreamed of doing for a long time... :-)

Matt and Abby said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) Agree with you about the reading, I can't do it much because I ignore everyone else in my life until I get the book read. Sometimes staying up til 2am which ruins the next day for me. So I kind of have to avoid reading:) Also, I am a morning person too, but am sleeping in most days. Totally understand that:)