- I did not even know that in Japan people still take their shoes off inside houses.
- I could barely say "konnichiwa," and even that was laughable, according to the American boys about half my age.
- I had never seen homeschooling in action, yet I was about to start pitching in with the homeschooling.
- I had never lived in a city.
- I had never ridden a train (other than as a tourist).
- I had barely eaten fish - and certainly not seaweed!
- I had never bowed as a greeting, and almost collided with the pastor when he came to meet me, and at the same time that he bowed, I stepped closer and extended my hand for a handshake.
- I had hardly met a foreigner - and now I was one!
And I am still a foreigner! And will be, no matter where I live, until I reach that city.
... having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.
No comments:
Post a Comment