Friday, August 22, 2008

Musical Keys

Yesterday morning I had one lone key on my key ring, that to my apartment. See how it has multiplied!

Yesterday afternoon, at the office I retrieved another key, left in my mailbox by a team member who had borrowed it when needing access to the Christian Education building.

This morning while sitting in the room nearest the front door of one of our ministry centers, two team members passing through handed me keys to give to another team member who would be returning at 1 PM.

When she arrived at 1, I handed her the key that one had borrowed to the home of a family returning from vacation today and the key that one had borrowed in order to do repairs on a mission house. In exchange, she passed me the key to the home of another teammate on vacation.

This evening I used the key to enter the home and followed instructions to find the key to her car, which she is graciously allowing me to borrow until I can find a car.

A side benefit is that her keyring includes the two keys to enter our main ministry center, two keys which I am missing because I loaned my set to another teammate while I was away.

The funny thing is that this is not at all uncommon.

The keys are all God's ... as are the things they unlock.

I'm thankful for a team that plays musical keys!

No comments: