Yummy deliciousness and creative resourcefulness at its best!
My host misses quark (a German cheese) and very resourcefully creates her own by straining plain yogurt overnight through a towel, to make a great spread that goes on toast.
Over the quark adaptation, she spreads jam.
In the jam section of most grocery stores in Japan one can find small packages of jam and other spreads in cardboard cups for 100 yen each. There is your typical (strawberry) and your tropical (mango), your Asian (black sesame seed paste) and your ... carnival (caramel).
If you are watching what you eat, or think that I am, you might want to stop reading now. Can I just say how delicious a cup of tea is, with slices of graham toast spread with quark and caramel?!? Aah!
I'm wondering how the caramel could be adapted for use in American dessert recipes. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment