Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Today

Today I leave this quiet village.
Today I return to the hustle and bustle of the city.

Today I leave the 66*F temperatures with low humidity.
Today I return to the 86*F temperatures with high humidity.

Today I leave the land of closed windows and thick blankets.
Today I return to the land of open windows and absolutely no blankets.

Today I leave the home of my German host.
Today I return to my own apartment.

Today I leave this wonderful chapter of my life behind.
Today I turn my face towards the next chapter.

Today I anticipate upcoming plans and events.
Today I do not know, though, what the next days and weeks and months will actually hold.

Today I walk away from a time and place,
But not from the One who led me here and is certain to lead me there.

No comments: