Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Do you have a happy heart?"

I had had several phone conversations with "my IT guy" (i.e., a teammate younger than I and thus technically competent), and we thought the problem was solved. When I realized it was not solved, I called his home, and learned that he was on his way there, so left a message.

When he called me back, his children were clamoring for his attention, so while he waited for me to open a file, I heard him ask his daughter, "Do you have a happy heart?" After he asked the other members of his household, he asked me, too.

Ut-oh! No, I did not have a happy heart. I had let the computer troubles rob my joy.

Just that day, I had received this gift in the mail:


and had even looked up the verse printed on it!
A glad heart makes a cheerful face,
but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.
What about you? Do you have a happy heart?

I'm thankful that we don't have to fake it, or say, "yes," when we don't. And I'm ever so thankful that HE can mysteriously give us joy even in the midst of less-than-joyful circumstances ~ even when the computer is not cooperating. :-)

No comments: