Recipe for a friendship
I enjoyed a lovely, relaxing morning tea at Miss Y's home earlier this week. During her studies abroad in Europe some years back, an American nun befriended her, and so she is open to Christianity.
She wished to talk about "religion" and Japan's need for it in order to prevent the society from crumbling further. I agreed with her many observations of society's downhill slide and connected it to people not knowing they are created, the knowledge of which leads to an understanding of the Creator's existence and the sanctity of life, and the truth of knowing we are loved and made for a purpose. She was eager to know what my purpose in life is. She reads the Bible and likes it, but has many questions.
Thanks to her invitation and my resulting need to buy a gift on my way there, I discovered that there was a special on peaches that day (4 for $2.75). A few days later, I returned from an outing to find some flowers by the front door. Later Miss Y called to say she had come by to ask me to come to her home for a simple spaghetti lunch next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment