Saturday, July 6, 2019

Summer in Mitford

I have spent summers at Bible camp.

I have spent a month of summer out West.

I have spent a summer at my uncle's camp in the North Georgia pine woods.

I have spent a summer in Karuizawa, Japan, a summer on the island of Hokkaido, and a summer in Vermont.

I am spending this summer in Mitford, a fictional village based on one a few hours from where I grew up. 

In the spring, I saw that the Kindle version of the first Mitford was on sale for $1.99 and justified purchasing it by thinking, "If I need a gentle read sometime while I'm waiting, I'll have it on my phone." 

I'm not sure why, since I had never gotten into the habit of reading on my Kindle or Kindle app.

One night before bed, I wanted to read something familiar and comforting, and remembered that I had Mitford at my fingertips. 

When I finished it, I did something new and checked out the Kindle version of book two from the library website, immediately downloaded it to my phone, and was off and reading book two!

When I finished book two, I downloaded book three from the library.

I'm waiting now for book ten (apparently the other digital copy/ies are already checked out).  Let that sink in.  How many Mitford books have I read in the past month?!?  Spending the summer in Mitford has been so pleasant.

I think it's safe to say that I've finally become a Kindle reader. :)  And I've learned that downloading from the library is quick and easy.

I'm already planning my reading list after I finish the Mitford books.  What do you recommend?


No comments: