Monday, May 5, 2025

Summer Vacation Minus 15 Days

Last year I wrote Summer Vacation Minus 20 Days.  

I'm scarfing down the book, "The Opt-Out Family," underlining many sentences on each page, circling parts, adding exclamations in the margins, etc. We'll see how or if we opt out of screens over summer vacation. :) 

Swim team and baseball (and gymnastics, if I can find a class at the right time for LM) should help work off some energy and give some structure to our days. 

We plan to purchase a pool pass to the little pool 5 miles down the road. Several friends do, too, and it's hardly ever crowded.  We would only have to visit 8 times over the summer to make it worth it.  Last year I estimate our children were in the water 70 out of the roughly 85 or 90 days of summer vacation.  

I always have goals for reading & math workbooks &/or games. Not sure exactly how we'll plan those this summer.  I'm envisioning 15 minutes of silent reading in the same room every weekday. We shall see. LM has tutoring twice a week. 

BK has two yards to mow and will hopefully work on the farm as well. LM is set to go to the Christian school's daycare 1-2 days/week. 

There are one or two weeks of VBS to attend, trips to WI & TN, and 1-2 weeks of spend-the-night camp for BK.  

Daily/weekly chores + menus are the big rocks we haven't addressed yet. 

What are your best tips for a good summer?  

No comments: