Wednesday June 25
My alarm went off at 5:45. Given a quiet house, within 35 minutes, I had everything done except for gathering six things from upstairs and having the children collect their last minute items. And then I sat down! I. Needed. Breakfast!
We set out for the 600 mile trip to Tennessee around 9 AM (an hour later than planned). A quiet ride, as BK slept & LM did activities and listened to PlayAways. Jim and I were glad to catch up on conversation that has been missing since school was out.
Lunch at Culver's. A stop at the Kentucky welcome center.
LM asked, "Are we here yet?"
I replied, "Well, dad hasn't stopped, so we're not there yet."
Pause.
LM: "Dad, can you please stop?" :)
We arrived just after 9. The children always enjoy exploring a new Airbnb, and finding where the bedrooms are. I told Jim it’s the most unique house floor plan I have ever seen and he said, "Unique is being very diplomatic."
But it suits our needs. It's obviously (& we knew it from the listing) someone's home, unlike the other two we have stayed in so far here in my hometown, which are obviously full-time rental properties.
We chose it because it's near Mom's assisted living, but alas, she is not there. We will be visiting her at the rehab hospital.

No comments:
Post a Comment