Fast forward to when our son was between the ages of 3 1/2 and 6 1/2, and he commuted 70 miles each way to a school for children who are deaf or hearing impaired. The Lord surrounded us with many people to help bear our burden during that season, but I’m thinking right now of two amazing women in our church who knew how hard our daily schedule was. Many times during those years, they gave me a batch of freezer meals to reduce my burden. I will always be grateful that they saw a need & met it.
A few years back, I “just so happened” to run into a friend I hadn’t seen in awhile. She asked me a question, and when I answered, she didn’t say, “Okay; I’ll pray for you,” she said, “Let’s pray right now.” And right there, with people all around us, we bowed our heads and she prayed for the concern I had shared.
A few summers ago, an empty-nester friend and her husband were on a cross-country trip and said they’d like to visit. While they were traveling, she called to say her husband had to fly home for a funeral, and she was driving home a more direct route, so they wouldn’t be stopping. She had time in the car, so we talked on the phone at length. (Most of our communication in recent years had been through email.) She could feel the stress in my voice & the isolation of our life right now, and she said, “I’d like to call you every week.” Every Tuesday at 8 AM for the past two years that phone call has been a lifeline for me.
I would be remiss not to mention the Prayer Corps of our church. Did you know there are teams of people praying during each worship service? I regularly send prayer requests from our family to the church office to be shared with the Prayer Corps. And we have seen God answer these! Some of our prayer request are long-term, but in December, I asked them to pray very specifically for a certain request during that month for our family, and God answered in a very obvious way!
No comments:
Post a Comment