Thursday, February 26, 2026

Dropping Balls

Why was I awake and working on paperwork at the dining room table at 11.20 PM last Wednesday night?! Because last Thursday morning was my zoom appointment for my Mom's taxes. 

Why did I drive out to the middle school one afternoon to take a check for lunch money? Because our kids had a negative balance and BK was starving (they do allow kids with a negative balance to get a basic meal, but no extras, like salad bar).

Why have LOTS of things happened lately? 

Because I'm dropping balls.  

But I have a husband who loves me anyway. 

I have a Lord whose love is not conditional upon my keeping all the proverbial balls in the air. 

And this week I'm thankful for progress in some decision making (about our flooring choices), the opportunity to help a cousin and aunt (texting that I can do on my own time), an unexpected lunch out with Jim (I am still thinking about those delicious sweet potato fries with house made Ranch dressing!), my Moms in Prayer moms, and our crying out to the Lord to do the impossible. We have seen Him do so much, and we keep praying BIG prayers!

No comments: