Saturday, June 10, 2017

1000!!

Usually on my blog, a list of 1000 refers to 1000 Gifts (posts here).

But, today's 1000 refers to 1000 Books Before Kindergarten!

I introduced the program in this post, when we were up to #138.

About a year ago, I wrote about the start of summer reading program and my hope that we'd jump forward in our goal of reaching 1000.  As best I recall, we read 120 or so, enough that Little Guy won first in his age group (0-4) for reading the most number of books!

Eleven months ago I noted that he was at #616.

This post mentioned a new series I learned of, via following 1KBB4K on Facebook.

And this post included 1KBB4K in a list of resources I use to find books.

I am excited to announce that on May 26th, Little Guy and I read books #998, #999, and #1000, thereby completing the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Challenge Extreme Edition (1,000 different books)!!

Just in time to start Summer Reading Program 2017! :) 

And to start on Little Miss's 1000 Books Before Kindergarten! :)


No comments: