Monday, March 31, 2025

Eggs

It's hard to keep enough eggs in the house when LM & I both eat two fried eggs each morning and Jim eats one boiled egg for breakfast and often another as a snack.  

We go through 35-42 eggs a week!  And that doesn't count any baking.

Our local ALDI stores are currently charging $5/dozen with a limit of two.  

If I were writing a word problem, I would ask, "How many times each week do we need to go to ALDI and how much do we need to budget?" 

At least I can run in and out of ALDI quickly!

In related news, our village is considering changing an ordinance, so that residents can have backyard chickens (hens only), and sent out a survey to each household asking if we are in favor of it or not. 

Our household's reply:

"Everyone is going to need a garden and chickens to make it. Add a cow and a pig also while you're at it - and a horse to get to work."

Have you cut back on egg consumption? Or gotten backyard chickens? Or a cow or pig? :)  

 

No comments: