... and on Thursday I had two main jobs, with laundry to be ongoing in the background of my day.
But I had just started antibiotics. (If it's Christmas, I must be on antibiotics. Seriously, I remember going to the pediatrician's after-hours clinic for penicillin shots almost every Christmas of my childhood!)
And I was moving slowly. And there was other business to handle. And I sat at the kitchen table and texted and emailed and called and crossed many items (that hadn't been on my original list) off my list. Oh, well.
Yes, the dishwasher and washing machine were humming. But my two main tasks??? Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
About the time I picked the children up from school, I felt like I was waking up and getting going. Post office (complete with package pickup), library (for returns & to pick up holds), Dollar General (for more nasal spray), and then school pickup.
The afternoon passed happily while the children played. For awhile LM was an animal hiding in the woods (our house), trying to avoid the hunter (BK). I couldn't have come up with a better game if I had tried. Then they brought their fishing poles inside, and LM caught a 15" bass off of our living room couch!
Cleaning the van took time, and then BK brought his roller blades in and taught himself how to round corners. Open floor plan for the win! (Until we said it wasn't safe...)
I believe all the Christmas presents have arrived ... AND been wrapped. Well, except for the two Shutterfly envelopes that (due to shipping times) I had to have delivered to the recipients. I keep reminding them not to open them, and reminding myself to take wrapping paper when I see them. :)
And for this Jesus came & entered our world & died & rose again. For our hope in the trials of sickness. For our joy in the mundane-ness of life. For our peace when we are frustrated by unaccomplished tasks and never-ending to-do lists.
No comments:
Post a Comment