During our "real life" visit in the middle of harvest, while Jim was out in the fields, I spent quite a bit of time in the farmhouse, where I became acquainted with his sister-in-law and nieces. Conversation flowed easily, and we talked of various experiences, and who we are and where God had led us in life.
When I answered Jim's sister-in-law's question regarding which mission board I am with, she said, "Oh, then do you know Mrs. X?" The name did not register immediately, because I know Mrs. X, a friend and fellow missionary, by her first name. But when the light bulb turned on in my brain, I exclaimed,
"Yes! How do you know Mrs. X?!"
"My sister is married to her son."What an incredible small world story, orchestrated by our Lord!
And what a comfort this small world story was to some of my friends who were sure that I was being taken in hook, line, and sinker by a dangerous impostor I had met online.
4 comments:
is this the missing piece, that you met online? :)
Sounds like she's finally dropped us the biggie!
Yes, this piece of the story either makes people much more excited about it, or much more cautious about it. :)
trust me, you have my vote!!! if you're game enough, i'd love to hear the prequel! ;)
Post a Comment