A recent perk of living in the apartment complex I live in in the States is that all residents receive the Sunday paper, delivered to their door.
But, actually, the perk is that some residents receive it, and, depending on the weather, they might or might not receive it.
It has taken me awhile to figure this out, and I am sure the delivery person is frustrated because how can he or she know which apartments are vacant or occupied (when they change so frequently) or which resident is out of town.
A few weeks ago, I left for church, and noticed the paper after I had already locked my door. "I'll get it when I come back," I thought, but it was not there when I came home. Hmmm.
A few weeks later, I heard the thump as it was delivered, and immediately went outside to snatch one. For the four apartments on my landing, three papers had been delivered.
Since getting the paper to the recycling spot is a hassle, I quickly perused it, kept the four coupons I wanted, rolled it back up, put it back in its bright orange plastic bag, and deposited it back on the landing with a thump!
When I came home from church, I noticed that it had been claimed, presumably by the resident across the landing from me.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment