The heat index was 115* by 10.30 this morning. And we have two more days of this.
How are we surviving? First off, even though I grew up without air conditioning, I am fully embracing it!
Secondly, I put a fan at the bottom of the stairs and pointed it up, in hopes that the upstairs won't feel like a furnace tonight.
Thirdly, the children and I made popsicles. We are still waiting for them to fully freeze, so the jury is out on whether or not they will like them. (I blended frozen blueberries with apple juice.)
We have done a 5-minute pick-up every half-hour, starting in the living room & moving on to their rooms. If they finish cleaning their room, they can have ice cream. (Mom already crossed more than a dozen items off her list, so I got ice cream after lunch!)
We are pushing water and have some Gatorade for LG to drink before his 7 PM baseball game tonight, assuming it isn't cancelled.
I didn't use the stovetop or oven for lunch. Our menu was BBQ chicken thighs in the crockpot, frozen broccoli in the microwave, brown rice in the instant pot, and applesauce.
And I closed the blinds, though there is some debate over whether or not that helps. I think it does. :)
Any other ideas for beating the heat? Of course, Jim & LG are out working in it, and I would love nothing more than to take a nap, but someone has to watch LM.
No comments:
Post a Comment