Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Repost: He bears our burdens

 ::Reposting from one year ago::

 
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Ps. 68.19

This verse came up in my FB memories last week, and I want to publicly acknowledge how God did that in our family this past week. Our 7 yr old attended morning VBS and we also had 11 appointments (one 65 miles away) and a health scare (which was negative but took a lot of energy).

My husband works long hours, grandparents are in their 80s and 90s, we live 25 miles from our church, our favorite babysitter started grad school, and as a result I often feel all alone and like I have few resources to help me.  And my number one resource was out of town part of the week.

But God! In this crazy week where I was so needy, He brought seven people to help! A friend from church let me drop my children off spur of the moment Monday afternoon when I got an opening for an x-ray. My SIL picked up our son from VBS one morning. My husband came home 5 hours early when I had the health scare. Our niece picked our son up from VBS another morning. Grandma kept our son one afternoon and our daughter one morning just to give me a break. (Bless her heart!) A new babysitter was able to come one afternoon (she finished community college & is headed to nursing school, but due to all the craziness can't start until January, so she's available the next several months - hooray!). And a friend whose sons were also at VBS kept our daughter during Friday VBS so I could go to another appointment.

He knows our needs. 
 
He sees us. 
 
He cares for us. 
 
As older parents, our village looks different, but we're part of His family, and He can do things that seem difficult if not impossible. 
 
He daily bears our burdens.

No comments: