Saturday, October 22, 2011

9 more weeks

Nine weeks from today it will be Christmas Eve!

How do we want to celebrate?  What do we want to do to help us rejoice in the birth of our Savior?  What do we want to do to point others to Him especially at this time of year?

In my head, I know that advance planning will help us do what we want to do.  But what advance planning do I need to do?

We already have our travel plans loosely planned, and a few concerts on the calendar.

I don't usually stress over gifts.

We don't need to eat a lot of baked goods.

We're looking for a new church home, so it's anyone's guess where we will worship on Dec. 17th before we travel, and if we will attend any special Christmas events at one of the churches we're visiting.

We have several heart-stimulating Advent devotional books that I always look forward to. 

But what I do stress about, year after all these years, is what to do about a Christmas card or letter.  As a missionary, I was sending prayer letters anyway, and Christmas was a logical time to send one.  But now, our friends aren't hearing from me/us several times throughout the year.  Plus the internet has, in some ways, increased frequency (albeit not necessarily depth) of communication.  If you don't receive a card from us, you'll know why. :)

What part of planning for Christmas is stressful for you?

No comments: