Many times I've heard my mom say that my Grandma frequently prayed for balance.
We all fight for balance (or need balance) in many varied areas of our life. Most of us probably feel the need for balance in time-use and responsibilities in our own homes vs. responsibilities outside the home.
But beyond that, your fight for balance and mine are probably different. Why is balance so hard to grasp?
In our search for a new church home, we're looking for balance. Some of the churches on our list are great at preaching the good ol' fashioned Gospel. Others are focused on strategically reaching our culture. We're not looking for either good biblical preaching or strategic outreach. We'd like to find a church with both/and.
And so we continue seeking balance. Where do you struggle to find balance?
1 comment:
I've been wondering whether the difficulty with balance is part of the sin problem. So many issues in Scripture call for balance: grace-works; serving God-serving others; predestination-God appearing to "change his mind" when his children pray etc.. I'm convinced we won't have balance issues in heaven, it will be natural.
I hope you find a new church home soon. Being without one is very unsettling.
Post a Comment