Wednesday, October 19, 2011

That's enough

It was a dark time in my life, for reasons I will probably never know.

I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in many months.  We were thrown together in the "English speakers' small group" of a church-wide prayer meeting.

After I shared my requests with the group, he asked calmly,
"Do you still believe God is good?" 
                     "Yes."
"Do you still believe He is trustworthy?"
                    "Yes."
"That is enough.  Even if that is all you are clinging to, that is enough." 
I remembered his words.  I repeated them to myself.  I passed them on to others.  I am reminded of them rather frequently.

And at a ladies' seminar this fall, the speaker said almost the same thing, as she spoke about "Strength for the Journey."

What truth about God has kept you going when it has been all you could cling to?

No comments: