Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Memorizing ~ Secret Codes, Part 4

Can you read this? 
4 R i t L a. I w s i a: R! 5 L y g b e t a. T L i n. 
It comes from the Productivity 501 website, more specifically from its "How to Memorize Verbatim Text" page.  

This page provides:
a method to give our brain, just enough information to recall the original text without simply reading the original.
"4 R i t L a. I w s i a: R! 5 L y g b e t a. T L i n." is a compilation of the first letter of each word of two verses.  


They are Philippians 4:4-5.  Without looking them up, but only using the first letters, can you say them?  


This is one method of memorizing that helps "your brain find the right connections."  I have found it to be the best tool for me as my friend and I work on our Scripture memory projects.

We are memorizing in the NIV.  Bible Gateway's default NIV is the most recent version which is gender-neutral, so I first search for "1984 NIV," and then copy and paste my verses into the magic website (I have to scroll down to the blank box).

I go through and delete the footnote connotations, and add the second digit to all the verse numbers (remember, only the first letter or number is saved), and then save it in a Word document, print it, and voila!

I'm on my way to memorizing.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 

No comments: