My Facebook feed around New Year's Day seemed filled with friends' reading logs for 2024. I can't believe the number of books some of my friends read! (I am reminded of the saying that comparison is the thief of joy. My life, my health, my responsibilities, and my family dynamics are not the same as those friends'.)
We have entire bookcases full of books I haven't read. Maybe 2024 will be the year we work on passing on the blessings. :)
One of my Christmas gifts was a new cover for my Kindle (Paperwhite circa 2013). So I hope to read more on my Kindle.
One thing I realize from looking at others' lists is that everyone has a preferred genre. Mine is not fantasy or detective or thriller or business or mindset or sad fiction or children's lit. Mine is biography, especially missionary biography.
The other day when faced with a couple hour car ride, I took two new missionary biographies along ... Mud, Bullets, and Open Roads and Poking Holes in the Darkness. As soon as I opened the front cover of the second one, I was hooked, and had finished almost half of it before we reached our destination.
So, if I want to have 13,000 or 33,000 pages read in My Year in Books for 2025, all I need to do is open the front cover of a new missionary biography a couple times a week. :)
What about you? What genre can you not put down?
(Disclaimer: the books in the image below are the ones I listed on Goodreads. There may have been more, and I am not sure I read The Loveliness of Christ, and there are a few I wish I had not read.)


No comments:
Post a Comment