Face washed - check.
- Pediatric telehealth provider visit at our dining room table - "I should look put together!"
- Post office - "That doesn't matter; they see me 300+ days a year & have seen me at my worst."
- School for the 5th grade DARE graduation -"I'd like to make a good impression there, and not look 20 years older than the other moms - ha - and not look like a frumpy housewife."
- Playdate with church friends - "Well, I'll just be overdressed."
- Pick up eyeglasses - "It doesn't matter."
- Possibly go to the high school football game so LM can cheer with the grade school girls - "There's no hope to fit in there!"
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2.15)Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.(Colossians 3.12-14)
And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. (I Corinthians 2.1-5)
praying at all times in the Spirit, (Ephesians 6.18)
and, with Paul in most of his epistles, "With grace & peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
What verses encourage you as you prepare to be presentable in the various situations in your day?
No comments:
Post a Comment