Friday, January 3, 2025

Seasons of gift-giving

Fifteen years ago Jim gave me a necklace for Christmas.  

Over the years he has given me jewelry, special items I asked for, a secretary, and even seemingly random items I found while shopping, purchased in his name, wrapped, and put under the tree from him to me! 

I have given him art, books, and what I hope have been other thoughtful gifts. 

But after 15 years of knowing each other, our gift-giving practices have changed. :) 

This past Christmas, Jim found a blanket with his name under the tree, as well as a set of drinking glasses. :) 

I found a shower head. :) 

It was definitely the most practical Christmas we have had! (To his credit, he also gave me some jewelry ... and a beautiful tumbler which I ordered & wrapped.)

I also am excited to have finally received the whole-house generator that had been on my Christmas list for several years!  In full disclosure, that was a bonus gift for buying a certain amount of seed for next year before a certain deadline. 

Did you receive practical gifts this year? 

No comments: