Saturday, January 25, 2025

7.27 AM on a Saturday morning

7.27 AM on a Saturday morning ...

... and I am sitting alone at the kitchen table in a quiet house, with my tea, Kindle, and morning pills at the ready.

Is everyone in my family sleeping? No. Far from it!

I dropped BK off at 7.15 for a weekend youth event for pre-teens (they slept at home Friday night ... short night that it was).  Jim left by 7.25 for an ag event 3 hours away.  LM had a restless night with her cough :( and is still asleep on the floor by my side of our bed.  

I'm not really sure how the day will shape up.  I cancelled LM's tutoring.  And we probably will skip her first Upward cheerleading. (She will be sad about that...) We pick BK up at 3.30 or so.  And we leave at 4.15 for BK's first Upward basketball game.  No clue what time Jim will be home. 

I haven't even had my cup of tea yet and I'm tired. :)  Part of the problem is that I fell for the free coffee/ cappuccino/ hot chocolate at Casey's yesterday. (Our local gas station is offering all rewards members a free cup daily for most of January.) 

The cappuccino tasted great at 3 PM ... but I wasn't so appreciative at 10.30 PM when I needed sleep. Ha! Lesson learned (hopefully!).

Some days are progress days.  Some days are survival days. I think today is shaping up to be a survival day.  

No comments: