Today I am resting in Blacksburg in between two weeks of meeting new friends and reunions with old.
Last Saturday I went to PresWIC and saw dozens of ladies I hadn't seen in 4-5 years, ate lunch with a close family friend visiting from Florida, and set off on this trip.
Two Saturdays ago, I had currant crescents in Mom's kitchen, and my college roommate came to visit for 24 hours.
Three Saturdays ago, I was fogged in in the Cincinnati airport.
Four Saturdays ago, I was in Mississippi and drove up to Memphis for dinner with friends.
Five Saturdays ago, a friend went with me to a Ladies' Brunch as part of a Missions Conference in a neighboring city.
Six Saturdays ago, I went on a long walk with a cousin in Grand Rapids, and then flew back to Kingsport.
Six Saturdays from now, Thanksgiving will be past, and Christmas will be coming.
So teach me to number my days
that I may get a heart of wisdom.
Satisfy me in the morning with your steadfast love,
that I may rejoice and be glad all my days.
Let the favor of the Lord my God be upon me,
and establish the work of my hands upon me;
yes, establish the work of my hands!
(adapted from Psalm 90.12-17)
No comments:
Post a Comment