I like green beans. I like green beans that have added flavor. I don't like to add cream-of-something soup to every vegetable I eat. (I love the flavor; just can't handle the calories.)
One day I quick ran to the local IGA just down the street for a bag or two of frozen IGA-generic green beans ... and was surprised to see a recipe on the back that looked perfect.
Since then, it has become my staple vegetable dish for when we have company.
But about thirty minutes before company comes, I'm always scrambling to find where I put the recipe. So here it is, so I can always find it, and in case you want to try it at your house, too!
Bacon Walnut Green Beans
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
16 oz. frozen green beans
2 oz. diced & cooked bacon
salt to taste
1. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil with garlic and walnuts on medium heat for 2 minutes.
2. Add green beans, toss and cook on medium-high for 5 minutes.
3. Add bacon, stir and season with salt and cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve.
Makes 4 servings.
No comments:
Post a Comment