Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Stay at home mom

"How do you like staying at home?" asked a lady I hadn't seen in awhile. 

{Long pause.}

The pause did not mean that I'm not sure how I like it. The pause meant that I was confused. :)

Yes, technically I am a stay-at-home mom.  But let's look at a typical week:

Monday morning - Play date at the park 3/4 mile away with two other moms and their combined five kiddos

Tuesday  - Leave home around 11 AM for 11.45 - 12.45 music therapy

Wednesday morning - Leave home around 7.45 AM for 8.30-9.30 speech therapy.  Leave again at 6 PM for 6.45-7.45 prayer meeting.  Every 6 weeks or so, Wednesday afternoon is our time to travel 70 miles to the pediatric hearing clinic (and skip prayer meeting).

Thursday - Until mid-September we left home around 9.30 AM every other week for 10.15-11.15 aural rehab therapy followed by 11.30-12.30 developmental play group.  Starting late-September, the therapist will hopefully travel to our home and we will stop attending the play group.   On alternate weeks, Thursday is my day to add in special events, such as meeting a friend at the pumpkin farm. 

One afternoon a week usually finds Little Guy and I in the car line at the local grade school (3/4 mile away), so we can bring his cousin home to play with him for a few hours.

And this does not include well visits with the pediatrician, sick visits for Little Guy (or me), hair appointments, dental appointments, etc. ~ much less grocery shopping (!). 

So, how do I answer the question, "Are you enjoying staying at home?" :)  



No comments: