Sunday, August 7, 2016

Biographies

Have you read any good biographies lately?

I'm reading two, and have one on my to-read list.

Andrew Murray: Christ's Anointed Minister to South Africa is only $1.99 for Kindle.  Good deal!  I'm still not a regular reader of my Kindle or Kindle app, but this one is holding my attention.  Here's some info on the author's page. 

As a child, perhaps a young teen, I read many of Patricia M. St.John's books.  As a young adult, I greatly appreciated her autobiography. And now I'm enjoying her biography of her father. It is rich with quotes.  I've already given one copy away, and I'm not even halfway through!

For the Glory: Eric Liddell's Journey from Olympic Champion to Modern Martyr is on my mind since the Olympics are going on right now.  From the Amazon description:
In the spirit of The Boys in the Boat and Unbroken, For the Glory is both a compelling narrative of athletic heroism and a gripping story of faith in the darkest circumstances.
Can't wait to keep turning the pages of the first two and start the third!

No comments: