Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Mom-fail

It's common for moms to talk about their "mom-fails." 

I well remember the day we left for a funeral an hour away and realized, after we arrived, that my carefully packed bag of food and drinks for a baby just starting table food was sitting at home.  A quick trip to a gas station (this country's version of convenience stores) provided some food.  And the stimulation of aunts, uncles, and cousins kept the baby from eating as much as usual.  Crisis averted.

My most recent "mom-fail" story:

Sitting in a darkened auditorium, watching the high school play last week, I heard a little boy stage-whisper to me, "Battery."  I reached in my purse (in the semi-dark), found the hearing aid (HA) batteries and the tool to open the HAs, and replaced the battery without losing the old battery, which I considered a great success.  A few minutes later, I heard again, "Battery. It not working."  I repeated the whole process, this time realizing that his battery indeed was not working, for I had put a dead battery into his HA. Mom fail! 

Next time hopefully I'll remember that the new batteries have an orange sticker affixed to them. :)

Do you have any mom-fail stories you'd like to share? :)

No comments: