Friday, December 1, 2017

Countdown to Christmas

Some mom friends and I have shared at least six ideas for Advent / Christmas countdown ideas for the preschool set.  Then a Facebook group I'm in had a whole string of suggestions.  The options are overwhelming.  And some are expensive.  And some are just extensive, in terms of prep or crafting ability.

But this afternoon while Little Miss napped, Little Guy and I took the absolute simplest suggestion, printed off 25 strips onto white paper, glued them onto colored card stock (I'd do it differently next time, but it's good enough!), stapled them together into a paper chain and hung it up!




Tonight just before bedtime routine, when Jim called saying he'd be at least an hour late, Little Guy "had a conversation" with him.  I gave various prompts, including, "Tell Daddy what we made."

"Oh, Daddy, when you get home you are going to be SOOOO excited!!  We made a I don't know what it's called, but it's hanging on the door." :)

It just so happened that since Jim was on the phone, and since Little Guy was into it, that I asked him to tear off the first link, and I read it.  Tonight's said, "Alpha & Omega. Rev. 22.13"  I read the verse and suggested Little Guy ask Daddy what it meant.

So, day 1 is off to a good start! :)

(Printout found here:  http://www.hsprintables.com/files/NOJAdventChain.pdf)

Other ideas included:
  • Little People nativity set, 
  •  birthday cake for Jesus, 
  • The Shepherd's Treasure, 
  • the free advent story cards and ornaments from Jesus Storybook Bible, 
  • The Wonder of the Greatest Gift pop-up Jesse Tree, 
  • 25 books of Christmas, 
  • "A Meaningful Christmas,"  
  • advent cards from Crew & Co to go along with the Jesus Storybook Bible, &
  • Shepherd on the Search.
What does your family do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

https://gospelcenteredmom.com/2018/12/05/favorite-gospel-centered-advent-ideas/