Friday, June 21, 2019

Text report

Scrolling through some text messages, I found:

  • a "Who is taking me to school today?" magnet (I can attach with velcro either a picture of me or my friend who drives carpool),
  • a picture of me with my feet up on an ottoman, sipping hot tea out of a large mug, with my hymnal open, making a thankful list from a hymn,
  • selfies of Mom and Little Guy and Mom and Little Miss at the Turkey Festival (call me crazy, but we did it!),
  • chocolate pudding all over a little boy's face after a special snack, :)
  • a reminder of the day that LM had a fever, so couldn't go to childcare, and insisted all day long that she wanted to go, but instead she had to go to Parent Teacher conference with me (she LOVES childcare, and would go everyday if she had her way!),
  • a text from LM (wink, wink) to her aunt, explaining that her car seat fabric was in the washing machine because she lost her breakfast on the way to take LG to school:  "I'm having a rough day. I can't speak for Mommy but she seems pretty unhappy."  (Later:) "It turns out I do know how Mommy is feeling. She has eaten almost all of Daddy's big bag of M&Ms." (True.)
  • and a photo of LM in LG's carseat for afternoon carpool pickup, with the caption, "Good thing we have lots of car seats. LM's cover wasn't dry. This is her first time to ride forward facing."
  • a photo of a mound of dirt behind a brand new playground, with the text, "The village could have saved a lot of money by just putting dirt piles in a field," as the children were climbing up the pile and playing on *it* rather than on the playground equipment (!).

Just a little bit of the things that have been filling our days.  

No comments: