The children spent an evening at the farm recently, and Little Guy was ELATED that their aunt read them a chapter in a new-to-him Mrs. Piggle Wiggle book!!! And she loaned us a 4-box set of Mrs. Piggle Wiggle! Seriously, his teachers & therapists have been trying for months to get him to "tell me 3 things, okay just 2 things, you heard in that paragraph we read." Impossible. But, riding home from the farm, I heard spontaneous, excited retelling of two things in the chapter he had just had read to him. Yippee!! Thank you, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle!! :)
Little Miss loves to sit and look at books. Her favorite right now is "Head... Toe!" She can "do" it without anyone reading it to her, but of course it's more fun when someone reads it, and it's even more fun if Daddy reads it, and LM and Mommy stand up and do the actions. Highly recommend this book!
Saturday we dropped off another load at a local church's thrift store. And then, ironically enough, we went in to see what we could find. (Ahem!) We LOVE the Read-aloud Bible Stories, and I will re-gift this one. LG read The Kissing Hand in school last year and loves it. (It's good for separation anxiety.) He likes Little Critter, and this is a hardback collection of "I Can Read" books. Trying to set him up for success when he can indeed read. I always fall for the Alphabet books that combine great art or photography and history or geography. ;) And we found four more of the Sweet Pickles books (see earlier post).
I haven't quite done the work of finding which books we will get rid of to make space for these, but I do have a goal of "one in, one out," and am hopeful that it will force out lesser quality books first (or board books, but LM isn't ready to give those up yet).
And this may be the last book we receive from Paperback Swap (it's been a good 10-year run...). I love the Georges' children's books, and this one is really sweet.




No comments:
Post a Comment