Monday, December 16, 2019

Snow day

I called a snow day this morning.  (See this post from last year about the process.)

The roads are worse near us than near our carpool friends. But after I made our decision, our local schools announced a one-hour delay, so that helps validate my decision.

We have about 3-4" of powdery white stuff. :)

But everyone in our family either has a cough or runny nose or post-nasal drip.  And we're all exhausted.  The working man among us has had too many days of working til midnight or 2 AM, rushing to finish fall fieldwork before the ground freezes. (It was a rainy spring, thus a late planting season, which meant a late harvest, so there has been a smaller window between harvest and the ground freezing.)

Except for the windchill of 19*, it would be a perfect day to play in the snow!  I have a long list of activities to keep us occupied indoors, including

  • making banana bread ("Rotten bananas make GOOD banana bread!" is LG's mantra!), 
  • several rousing rounds of laundry basketball, tossing clean clothes into baskets to sort them, and
  • some Christmas crafts from Hobby Lobby.
And there is always a box or two we could pull out of the garage to play with. :)  Seriously, if anyone is planning to give our children a gift, might I suggest a big cardboard box so they don't have to fight over the one they played with all day Saturday? 

No comments: