Thursday, February 6, 2020

Here I raise my Ebenezer

Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I’ve come; 

Little Guy has his new hearing aids, which are technological marvels!

He is gaining independence, through being responsible for charging them every night.

He absolutely LOVES the FM system (microphone that I - or teacher/ coach/ etc - wear that speaks directly into his hearing aids).

His January speech perception test in the sound booth showed that the FM system is crucial (basically, he could repeat back almost 99% of what he heard; without it only 45%).

His Sunday School & children’s church teachers are enthusiastic about using the FM system on Sunday mornings.

His speech therapy has dropped from 5 hours/week to 30 minutes/week.

He has completed all the speech sounds, except ‘r,’ which is something that even typically hearing peers have trouble with.

His January hearing test showed no new hearing loss.

His IEP team (at his school for next year) is already communicating and working on making a plan, so everything can be in place before he starts 1st grade.

He has started receiving physical therapy at school for gross motor delays and sensory issues.

His school’s physical therapist has special training in sensory needs of kiddos with hearing loss.

This is an amazing list, and might have seemed impossible 4 or 5 years ago, but GOD!!!

Whatever else we may face in years to come, this list will stand as a reminder of God's lovingkindness and practical help, hopefully strengthening our faith to trust Him and His goodness in those situations, too.

Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I’ve come;


No comments: