Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Outdoor living

We are spending hours in our backyard this summer!  (In addition to the items in this post, the Lord provided a used slide/ swings / play house for a steal on FB Marketplace.  And we never got a trampoline...)

For the past several summers, we have gone to the park once or twice a day.  It's a lot easier now that everything is in our backyard!  We still go to playgrounds, but not twice a day or even twice a week.

We also go to outdoor church (one of those "Name something you've said in the past four months that would make no sense to someone in 2019" statements).  

When we're in Wisconsin, we spend a lot of time playing in the backyard or on the deck, at the beach, or walking the shore path.

On Sunday afternoons (Jim's day off), we try to go on adventures, to get out in nature and hike a little.  It's harder than you might think to find woods to hike in, but we're expanding our list of places to go. 

We're spending so much time outdoors that I have a farmer tan for the first time in years and I'm wishing I hadn't gotten rid of my handkerchiefs from Japan. I need them to wipe the sweat! :)

No comments: