On this first day of school, I'm thinking ahead to my school year goals.
Last year I had lots of goals, but a friend (several friends) wisely counseled me that, after 3 years of LG's commuting, a pandemic, and my health issues, I might need to throw my goals out the window and just use the 3.25 hours each day that LM was in school to ... rest!
Many of my big goals did not get met. Many of my days were spent going to appointments. Many mornings I rested.
This year I am in a better place, and I have more time each day, so even if I need to rest, I still have a few bonus hours. We'll see how it all pans out.
I have homemaking goals (purging, organizing, cleaning). I have cooking goals (meal plans, grocery shopping, batch cooking). I have exercise goals (maybe including water exercises &/or physical therapy). I have friend goals (if you haven't received a birthday, anniversary or Christmas card from us in a few years, that may change). I have Bible study goals (personal & a return to group study). I have reading goals (all those books on parenting & adoption & special needs that I have amassed in the past 8.5 years but have not had time to read). I have marriage goals (lunch with Jim).
We will see what goals the Lord has for me.
Along these same lines, I am now in the privileged position of being a stay at home "older" woman in the church & community. How does the Lord want me to steward that? And what will that look like in coming years as well, assuming I have health & strength? I'm blessed with some great examples of women who proactively serve, but I realize we are each different.
Will I stop by a younger mom's home and do her dishes or fold her laundry once a week? (Maybe not yet.) Will I tutor a homeschooled child in upper math or writing? Possibly someday. Will I lead a Bible study at church? Probably not this year. Will I take meals to the home of a newborn? Hopefully!
What are your school year goals?
No comments:
Post a Comment