Monday, March 6, 2023

I'm back

It's been years since I posted as few blog posts as I did in February.  

We drove to Florida and back Feb. 16-26.  Today I feel like I'm back in the saddle on the homefront, although I still have not caught up on laundry.  It feels good to have a day at home.  

"It's not a vacation; it's a trip," is some advice we received some years back from friends a few years ahead of us on the parenting journey.  I concur!  We made lots of memories. We had family time.  We enjoyed the change of pace & place.  We had lots of nice experiences.  And we even saw friends & relatives.  And it was a vacation for the children. :) 

We missed our church!!  We are in the midst of the annual 6 weeks of elective classes in adult Sunday School.  This year there are so many good ones to choose from.  The week before we left, we were on a panel in the foster & adoption elective.  Yesterday I was the speaker in the missions elective, which was good for my soul ... to think about missions and what would be helpful to share.  

Jim & I collectively (& even the children) have spent a lot of hours at the Honda dealership, with even more coming up, as both vehicles were due for maintenance & tires. 

And, as always, we have appointments.  In the next two weeks, I am to see the eye doctor, local rheumatologist, local dermatologist, and have a hair appointment and mammogram.  Jim has a dentist appointment, and BK has an audiologist appointment (70 miles away). 

Jim & I both attended Parent-Teacher Conferences, and that has propelled us to think about the big picture of education.  I'll just say that we expected agenda, but we assumed the 3Rs would be taught & taught well.  I'm still in the midst of investigating ... listening to the key players in our district to understand the current philosophy & trajectory, asking educational experts I know in other places about the long-term benefit (or fallout) of current philosophy & practices, and thinking and praying.  

Spring is coming!  And we are glad!  Hopefully we will have great weather during spring break and can enjoy some closer-to-home outings that week!

No comments: