Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Summer vacation ~ Day 7

2:30 AM wake-up call from LM. Thankfully I fell back asleep until 4:30. 

We were pulling out of the garage at 8 AM for a full and busy day when I received a phone call canceling my 9 AM - 12 noon appointment.  Two children were almost inconsolable that they were now going to miss a super fun morning.  Change is tough.

We read lots of books.  (LM said, "Let's fill up this page today!" referring to her reading log. We are halfway done with page 1 of her reading log.)  We played outside a little.  We picked up the house so the housecleaner could clean.  And I prepared a yummy lunch (salmon, rice, and pepper sticks). 

And, thanks to the schedule change, we were able to go to the library's Summer Reading Program along with 40 other friends. :) I never would have imagined that a man blowing bubbles could keep that many squirrelly children spellbound for 45 minutes! 

Then LM went to the farm while BK and I went to a 3-3.45 PM appointment 70 miles away.  Our listening pleasure was brought to us by the audiobook, From The Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, via the Libby app.  

The last time I made that drive a month ago, I was dozing by the time I neared home.  I drank lots of caffeine today and stopped to get some munchies, and at one point had BK listen via bluetooth while I listened to the radio.  I didn't fall asleep!!  Next scheduled appointment there is in 3 months, but I need to schedule a mid-August appointment.  

Today's provider is a Christ-follower and let out at least one, "Praise the Lord!" and reminded me that all sorts of good resources are coming together at the same time, resources that usually have long wait-lists.  So, yes, Praise the Lord! 

No comments: