Tuesday, July 2nd
I slept from 8 PM - 5.45 AM. Thank you, Jim!
After I made a 7-layer salad, the children and I left at 8 AM for BK's 8.30-9.30 swim practice (during which LM played mermaid in the shallow end with other siblings) and LM's 9.30-10.30 swim practice (during which BK swam in the shallow end with friends). That's two hours in the pool each, and usually on our way home, they ask if we can go to the pool. :)
Dropped LM off at daycare and drove to the city with BK. Walmart for a new bike, candy to throw out in the parade, and health & beauty items because I have been doing my grocery shopping at ALDI. Next stop: the kids' consignment store for dress shoes + sneakers for a 10 year old whose feet are growing!! Then an appointment. And a Kohl's return.
Home via the post office (& a stuffed P.O. box) for 30 minutes of rest. Dropped the salad off at Grandpa's and went to a swim meet. (Swim meets should be their own post!)
BK dropped almost 2 seconds off his PR in both the 50 yard freestyle and the 100 yard freestyle, and also swam the 100 yard individual medley for the first time, and swam breaststroke in a 200 yard medley relay.
It was a great meet! And his events were over surprisingly early, so we left and still made it to Grandpa's for the second half of a family get-together. :)
I spent snatches of my day dictating emails, registering one child online (using my phone) for the upcoming school year [not my favorite activity; one more to go!], replying to texts from "my Amazon driver" regarding a birthday gift we had ordered for a friend (so then I was texting the friend's mom to put away their dog...), feverishly remembering my password so I could sign in to the Northwestern app and claim the cancelled appointment within 30 minutes of receiving a text about it (& before any of the other 19 people claimed it), canceling a free Audible trial before I would be automatically charged, and trying to make a Costco order.
I felt like I was always on the go and rarely present all day. Some days are like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment