We have had lots of stormy days and storms and intense weather so far this spring, even some tornado warnings. During one such warning, I was in the basement, and started hearing water gushing in. All the towels & rags in my rag bin (a laundry basket) were not enough to sop it up.
Last Saturday evening, when water started coming out of the fridge, Jim & BK used the kitchen rags to sop it up. (We discovered that a pizza box had engaged the water dispenser, which is *inside* the fridge...). Thankfully, it's not time for a new refrigerator! Whew!
Monday evening, Jim came to bed and said the dishwasher was leaking. By the time I raced downstairs, it was doing more than leaking! All the rags were still in the basement, so I dumped out all my kitchen towels onto the floor, turned the dishwasher off, and went to bed. :) (The next morning it completed its cycle, and after I unloaded it, I cleaned out the filter.) Thankfully, it's not time for a new dishwasher! Whew!
Tuesday morning I sat at the eye doctor's office trying to read the smallest line of letters I could see, and ended up in tears, which completely complicated the process! The (very young) girl doing the exam told me it was okay, and I didn't need to cry. But she didn't know that the tears represented more than frustration with my struggle to see. She had no way of knowing that the basement had had a small flood, the refrigerator had leaked onto the kitchen floor, the dishwasher had leaded onto the kitchen floor, et cetera!
Tuesday afternoon, I was conversing with a caring adult in our life, and BK interrupted, "Are you crying?" I replied, "Not yet. But I'm sure I will at some point today."
And *that,* ladies & gentlemen, is the season we are in ... the sowing in tears.
Praying that we will see the principle worked out in our lives:
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment