Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I miss the 100 yen store!




After-dinner tea and coffee at my sister and brother-in-law's reminded me that I miss the 100 yen store! This mug is from the 100 yen store and was a birthday gift I sent a few years ago.

The dollar store just seems ... not the same.

One more loss to allow myself to grieve during this Home Ministry Assignment. The list of losses in an international move is long. The sense of loss can feel overwhelming. Even the changes that bring so many positive things by definition include loss of what once was.

A couple seminars I attended by Ruth Van Reken (global transition guru) two years ago in Malaysia have been really helpful in helping me notice and acknowledge the many losses, so that I am able to more readily accept the changes and keep moving forward.

1 comment:

Dingle said...

I hear you!!! There are certain things I miss so much from Japan- so much so I made Kevin bring me my Japanese Dyson, and I SO need my mirror on the back of the car- I feel blind without it! Grieving the losses with you my friend!