Friends kept their passports in prime real estate, so they could grab them in haste in case of an emergency (natural disaster, etc.). Even their children knew where the passsports were.
Nowadays I have to think twice to remember where we keep our passports, and, if not for the fact that I got a new one (with my married name) a few months after we were married, I would have no clue when it expires.
If you've ever lived with a constant awareness of your passport, you'll enjoy this vignette:
2 comments:
If you're living in your country of citizenship, you don't need your passport in order to remain legally there. LIving overseas gives you a whole new perspective on the freedoms of citizenship! Living in earthquake-prone Tokyo, we keep our passports and health care cards in easy reach.
Yes! That sums it up - the privileges of citizenship.
Post a Comment