In conclusion, their leader asked them to give us their elevator speech, each of which went something like this:
"I was sent to this home because I was defiant. I didn't think my parents would have the courage to do it, but they did. I've learned to be responsible and respectful. I gave my life to Christ and was baptized a few months ago. I want to go to college and study history. This home has changed my life."
Their elevator speeches (and the entire presentation) were all the more meaningful because one of the farms Jim rents is owned by a trust, and half of the profits go to this boys' home. No doubt it makes the hours spent sitting on a tractor in those fields more meaningful, as he ponders how the Lord of the harvest is transforming the corn seeds in those fields into Gospel seeds in the hearts of broken boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment