And so I continue ... plodding away on this journey of cultivating gratitude.
Recently, in an effort not to forget the Giver of all good gifts, I have added a small (but big-in-meaning) phrase to the front of each gift I list.
Do you count your gifts?
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
671. I thank the Lord for a week of perfect weather - highs in the 70s/low 80s and lows in the 50s with clear blue skies!
672. I thank the Lord for many opportunities to serve and invest in others' lives. (I'm headed to my first weekly half-hour in kindergarten today & my first weekly hour in 2nd grade tomorrow!)
673. I thank the Lord for a husband who asks fantastic questions!
674. I thank the Lord for moments of reading together in the living room and periodically sharing newly gleaned information or insights with each other.
675. I thank the Lord for the opportunity to serve together on our church's missions conference team.
676. I thank the Lord for how our past experiences are being put to good use on that team. :)
677. I thank the Lord for a very ordinary widowed grandmother who has experienced God's faithfulness for decades ~ and was willing to speak candidly and powerfully to our church women's retreat.
678. I thank the Lord for a first-grader running to greet me with reckless abandon and tell me all about her day at school and teach me how to play "Pretty Pretty Princess." :)
679. I thank the Lord for case workers, adoption attorneys, and parents who have gone before us who listen, share their wisdom, and help us muddle through options.
680. I thank the Lord for a new 7-week women's Bible study with four other women.
No comments:
Post a Comment