Monday, March 3, 2014

God's Word in this season

I have a friend who is fond of saying, "The past 50 years were my preparation for this [Bible study, meeting, seminar, etc.]." 

A friend encouraged me today that the past x years of my life are my preparation for this season, and that I have a deep reservoir of reading & studying God's Word and experiencing God's mercy & love to drink from during this season of interrupted sleep and little free time.

I was planning to read through the Bible in 90 days this winter.  Alas, the best laid plans of mice and men!!

I am learning that I need to follow the read the Bible for 90 seconds plan!

Another option for me (and maybe for you) is to listen to the Daily Audio Bible.  I'm having some technological issues with uploading to my mp3 player, so I really like that you can just go to the website and click "play." 

You can listen to today's 35 minute selection or you can choose today's selection from Psalms or from Proverbs.  You can even listen in Spanish or Japanese or other languages!

Any other creative ideas for getting in God's Word (and getting it in me) during this season???

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Have scripture in places you see around the place, like above the kitchen sink, open Bible on a counter you pass often, on the bathroom wall. What about listening to gospel-inspired music?

Megan said...

I was thinking the same thing as Wendy...where ever you sit with baby or where ever you pace the halls with baby, tape up some notecards within view! You could have a whole progression down the hallway :)