Friday, March 21, 2014

I am spoiled

Whenever I'm tempted to complain, I need to remember:  I am spoiled!

Even when the dirty laundry is piled up, I have clothes to wear (even if they aren't my favorites).

We had people bring us meals three times a week for a month after we came home.

Even though we don't live near many restaurants, we have take-out and convenience food options.  Case in point, a church less than a mile away serves a delicious Monday night soup meal in January, February and March.  I'm more than happy to spend a few dollars to have a hot meal to pick up!  Also bagged salad is a great invention, and they sell it at IGA!

I have a husband who comes home for lunch most every day, providing me some interaction with a grown-up and either mail delivery or the option for me to run to the post office sans baby to pick up the day's mail.

Having the post office, library and IGA within a mile of our house (and with no traffic lights and very little traffic between here and there), makes it very do-able to run errands with a baby when I need to. 

Bonus:  the postal clerks, the librarians, and the IGA cashiers take great delight when I bring the baby with me!  The other day, the IGA cashier even carried my bags to the car for me, while I carried the infant seat. 

 If you need help with contentment, this book {Contentment: A Godly Woman's Adornment} is on sale now for Kindle for 99 cents through March 23rd. 

No comments: