A missionary friend recently posted on Facebook a photo of an airport employee in Japan drying off suitcases as they entered the luggage carousel, since it was a rainy day.
I miss that type of customer service!
Yesterday I used a pharmacy I had never used, at a Kroger location I have only been to a few times, in a city of 14,000 people.
Upon attempting to pick up my prescription, I realized that I did not have my insurance card with me. The very kind pharmacist offered to call my insurance company while I grocery shopped, even though all she had was my name and date of birth.
After buying my groceries, once again I appeared at the pharmacy counter, to learn that she was successful in procuring all the information she needed, the purchase was approved by insurance and I owed $0.00, saving me $36.00, AND gaining me 100 fuel points (10 cents off each gallon of gas in a tank).
I could have paid full price and then tackled the red tape to file by paper with the insurance company, but it's such a relief to know that I do not have to attempt one more step.
Customer service is not entirely a lost art in this country!
No comments:
Post a Comment